최근 방문 추이

27 28 29 30 01 02 03
유용한 링크
  질문답변

작성일 : 14-03-22
[자연과학 및 공학계열(학부)] 학교에서 온 메일이요.
 글쓴이 : 라쏭
포인트 : 200점   조회 : 3,596  
Thank you for your continued interest in attending the University of Rochester. The admissions committee completed its review of your credentials for admission. Because we received a record number of applications this year for a limited number of freshman spaces, I'm unable to offer you admission today, but I would like the opportunity to reconsider your application later.

Approximately 3% of our applicants are invited to join the UR Alternate List. Each year, I have to project how many admitted students will enroll. If my estimate is too high, space in the Class of 2018 might become available and I could extend you an offer of admission from the Alternate List in April or May. If this possibility comes to fruition, your status will be the same as any other admitted student; you'll live in on-campus housing and attend Orientation in August.

If you remain interested in attending Rochester, download the Al ternate List Reply Form at http://enrollment.rochester.edu/wp-content/media/2014/02/Alt_List_Reply.pdf, complete it, and return it at your earliest convenience.

Only those who respond affirmatively will be reconsidered for admission. I don't rank students on the Alternate List. Your application will earn another individual review if the opportunity to extend more offers presents itself. Returning this form sooner maximizes your chances for admission. On the form, please indicate if you would consider enrolling at Rochester in January 2015 if space for August 2014 is no longer an option.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

이 경우 waitlist 로 consider 되는건 알겠는데요
만약 form 작성할 때 'I wish to remain on the alternate list for fall 2014 but i am also willing to be considered for admission to the Class of 2019, which starts in January 2015 if space for fall 2014 is no longer an option ' 의 초이스를 선택할 때
1월입학은 보장되는 개념인가요? 아니면 재심사의 기회를 주겠다는건가요?  또, 1월학기까지 생각하겠다는 답을 주는게 유리한건가요? 조언부탁드립니다..또 optional 인것을 아무것도 하지않았는데 잘썼다고 생각하는 에세이라도 다시 보내는게 좋은가요?

FinnWilly   14-03-22

로체스터에 꼭 가고 싶으시다면 학교측의 consideration을 다 수락한다고 하는게 더 좋기는 합니다.

입학이 보장되는게 당연히 아니고 내년 1월 입학까지 밀리게 되도 기다려보겠냐는 것이니 한 번

더 심사를 하겠다는 것이죠. 합격이 될지 안될지는 알 수 없습니다. 아마 optional 에세이에 대해

말씀하시는 것 같은데, 로체스터는 서플은 있지만 optional이 따로 있지는 않은 것으로 알 고 있습니다.

지금 말씀하시는 경우에는 만약 에세이를 더 보낸다고 한다면 어필레터를 써야 하는데, 거기에

관계없는 아무 에세이나 보내는 것은 말이 안되죠. 나를 왜 뽑아야 하는지를 말해야하는 에세이에 전혀

관계없는 내용을 써서 보내는 것은 도움이 되지 않습니다.

FinnWilly
미국 현지 대학관계자와의 컨택을 바탕으로 한 커스터마이즈 원서작성
http://blog.naver.com/finnwilly